The International Woolmark Prize is an award for outstanding achievers in the early stages of their career who have shown promise and dedication in establishing and growing a fashion business. The 2014-2015 International Woolmark Prize will be open to men’s and womenswear designers, CFDA members, and for the first time, non-members. Previous US Winners include CFDA members, Joseph Altuzarra for the 2013/14 prize and Sophie Theallet for the 2012/2013 prize.
A men’s and womenswear regional finalist will be awarded AUD$50,000 each and the opportunity to compete at the international final event in 2015. The global men’s and womenswear winners will be awarded a further AUD$100,000, and their winning collections will be commercialized through a network of leading retail stores including Saks Fifth Avenue, New York; Harvey Nichols, London; Joyce, China and 10 Corso Como, Milan. Last year’s USA regional winner Joseph Altuzarra, will go onto compete in the 2013/14 International Woolmark Prize final event which will be held during Milan fashion week in February.
The judging panel for the 2013/2014 final event is as follows:
- Angelica Cheung, Editor-at-Large, Vogue China
- Colette Garnsey, Director, Australian Wool Innovation (parent company of The Woolmark Company)
- Franca Sozzani, Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Italia, L’Uomo Vogue Italia and Vogue.it. Editorial Director of Condé Nast Italia. “Goodwill Ambassador for Fashion 4 Development” for the UN
- Frida Giannini, Creative Director, Gucci
- Tim Blanks, Editor-at-Large, Style.com
A full competition overview can be accessed here.
If you are a designer, or label, who FIT THE CRITERIA and would like to be considered for nomination for the 2014/15 award, please submit a completed submission form HERE by January 27, 2014 to Ashley Sandall at firstname.lastname@example.org