The CFDA/VOGUE FASHION FUND helps emerging American designers pursue their design and business plans. In addition to grants of $300,000 to the winner and $100,000 each to the two runners-up, the awards include a year-long mentorship with an industry professional whose business expertiese is tailored to the designers’ needs and future goals.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a designer of demonstrable talent–i.e., have garnered substantial (and recent) editorial coverage, and have support (orders) from top retailers;
- Be American or have established a primary design business in the United States;
- Be in business for a minimum of two years;
- Have a professional staff, paid or volunteer, that can devote the time and effort required to accomplish the stated aims of an applicant’s design-career plans;
- Request and submit a Preliminary Application, accompanied by a 350-word biographical statement, which should include a summary of the applicant’s design career, by Wednesday, May 9, 2012.