The Fashion Manufacturing Initiative (FMI) is an investment fund to help revitalize New York City’s garment industry. The program will offer matching financial grants to New York City’s fashion manufacturing production facilities looking to grow and sustain their business through the acquisition of innovative equipment, expanding their services, working training and professional development programming. FMI was developed and will be managed by the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA), and will operate under the leadership of Andrew Rosen, CEO of Theory, in affiliation with the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC).
FMI Applicants Must:
- -Be in business for a minimum of two consecutive years;
- -Be a factory/production facility within the fashion apparel/ accessories industry;
- -Be located in one of the five boroughs of New York City;
- -Have support/ business (i.e. orders) from key fashion designers/ brands;
- -Be equipped with staff that can devote the time and effort required to accomplish the stated aims of an applicant’s plans.
FMI Lead Underwriters as of November 1, 2013
- -Andrew Rosen and Theory, Founding Partner
- -Ralph Lauren, Premier Underwriter
- -Rue La La, Sponsor
- -rag & bone, Patron
The 2013 FMI Application Process is closed.
For more information, please contact Erin Kent: E.Kent@CFDA.com