CFDA designer Monique Péan will be the recipient of a full page ad in Vogue’s September 2014 issue, produced and funded by Kate Spade New York. Monique is one of five designers that were asked to present a concept for a full page ad in Vogue, which included SUNO, Creatures of the Wind, Maxwell Osborne & Dao-Yi Chow Public School, and Eddie Borgo.
Each designer’s submissions were reviewed by a committee that included:
- Steven Kolb, CEO, CFDA
- Deborah Lloyd, President and Chief Creative Officer, Kate Spade & Company
- Mark Holgate, Fashion News Director, Vogue
- Ed Filipowski, President, Media Relations, KCD
- Trey Laird, President & Executive Creative Director, Laird & Partners
- Sebastian Kim, Photographer
The competition marks the culmination of a 3 month program produced by CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund and Kate Spade New York to educate emerging designers about effectively marketing their brand.
The program, which is now in its second year, featured a series of brand building seminars, which included:
- Setting Brand Goals and Building brand guardrails and creating a brand book and marketing plan
- Diversifying marketing options: guerilla, outdoor, print, viral, etc. and how to find the right resources/agencies to execute
- Creating a PR Strategy- including editorial, VIP and celebrity outreach, events and working with or without an agency
- Developing an effective social media strategy and how to work with a digital agency
- Creating an impactful advertising campaign
Now in its second year, the brand building seminars continue to provide designers with invaluable insights from leading industry industry experts. Click here to learn more about the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund.